Sunday, January 13, 2008

Videos and Such

Well, after playing around with the Blogger settings and the page elements that I can add I decided to add Google video to my Google account (video.google.com).  I figured this would let me post some videos and since I'm using Google blogger I could keep it all on the same system (well sort of).  Anyhow, I made the account and uploaded a video then added the video bar page element to my blog.  Problem is, that page element is really geared towards Youtube, which translates to I don't know how to get it to display only my videos (with my Youtube account, which I created for this, I just add my Youtube channel to the video bar element and it is good, except that Youtube has yet to update the video that I uploaded).   Well, not happy so continued playing around with things.  I added a ling bar to the side and I can cut and paste my Google video links into it, yeah kinda bland and boring.  I could also add and HTML/javascript bar over there and embed the code to play the video, well pretty neat but if I keep adding videos that will get pretty lousy.  Or.....
Once I saw the embed code element I remembered that I can click on the edit HTML link when I am typing my blog post and copy the code into there and:



Hey, hey that is pretty nifty (yeah my geek/dweeb level just skyrocketed but I am OK with that :) ) and that is what I really wanted to be able to do.  Now I think next time I will try holding the camera when I went down the hill, I ended up halfway across Rivers after jumping the curb and plowing through the slush on the road it was great :)  next project, making these blasted smilies display correctly.

22 comments:

Emily said...

I like the video..

Foster Smash said...

like your Luke and yoda quote

This is barrett foster commenting on your blog

De Vivo said...

the video is pretty sweet. what's the story behind it? that looks like east hall almost?

Caitlin said...

Cool! which dorm is that in the video?

Unknown said...

Lauren Witherspoon commenting on your blog!

Colin said...

Colin Makin from CS1410 section 103 has officially commented on someone else's blog.

Alexandra said...

Needs more cowbell.

-A

casey said...

that looks fun!

T-Rod ASU said...

wow this video is great

Anthony said...

i like the video it is tight!!!!1

Dewey Bustle said...

i like your video it is a cool thing to put on your blog.

Kristopher Snyder said...

De vivo: I am pretty sure that this is Sanford Mall.

Josh Ainsworth said...

cool video. cya next week.

Drew Leon said...

Yo, nice page and video. I hope your werent up at 430am blogging like it says you were. Andrew Leon commenting.

Trey Boggs said...

I like your video.

fffjake said...

i'm commmenting on your blog.

Nique said...

Hi, I am Monique. I just added this class on Thursday or Friday. I have completed the first assignment and look forward to meeting you wednesday

Ryan Borner said...

Just a comment to say I did it.

Mark Vanburen said...

This is mark vanburen commenting on your blog

Mark Vanburen said...

Not a dumb question at all, Cavalry scouts jobs are to conduct recon on enemy and insurgent forces and report to higher. thats what scouts do nutshell
mark

Joshua Logelin said...

that dude almost nailed that tree!

Allen said...

I'm adding a comment here...only because I don't know anybody in the class yet ><

Nice video!!!

*Clara Ramey*