Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What to do

Now that my thesis is getting ready to come out of committee and go on to the graduate school, I am left with things to ponder and consider.  I have already accepted a part time position here at ASU for the next academic year.  I am currently teaching on online course at Wilkes Community College that may turn into a full time position, though I am waiting to hear back from them.  Other than that, I am now at the position where I can work on my projects because I want to more than because I have to.  This has led me to decide to revamp the simulator that was built for my thesis and turn it into a full-fledged 3D application with bells and whistles.  So, I am in the stages of decided if I want to host it here with Google code, would be nice since I have switched everything over to google in the last couple of weeks (gmail, igoogle, google docs, etc), or with the old standby of sourceforge.  I'm also trying to decide if I will use NetBeans or Eclipse as the IDE.  Although most of it is on hold at the moment anyway as I would like to use Java 6, but I am on Apple and do not have access to it, yet.  At any rate, I am considering using this blog to keep as a development journal of sorts for the Be-anz project, at least once I get it started.  

2 comments:

Macotee said...

I've always liked google. I consider it to be mcuh better than yahoo or any other search engine i've encountered. Oh, and recently i found out you can create documents using google and can access them form any computer with internet.

Jere Miles said...

Google Docs is a valuable resource that Google provides. More businesses are beginning to take advantage of tools such as these in the work environment.